Litigation Support AND Expert Witness Services
Scanlon Safety Services provides incident investigations, forensic litigation support, and expert witness services for lawsuits and legal cases involving fatalities, catastrophic injuries, and workplace safety & health.
We can help plaintiff or defense attorneys with the following services:
- Evaluation of a case based on safety elements including regulations, industry consensus standards, and best practices.
- Providing legal counsel with advice regarding discovery, such as recommended questions for depositions, interrogatories, and trial, and documents and information to request.
- Expertly researched and written opinion reports.
- Testimony at deposition or trial.
Cheryl Scanlon-Zinner has over 25 years of experience in construction, hazardous waste site safety evaluations, general industry, health and safety program and plan development and implementation; job safety analysis; work place safety and health audits and inspections; third party safety and environmental audits; employee safety & health training; incident and accident investigations and root cause analysis; injury, illness and incident reporting and record keeping; work place safety committee implementation and training; laboratory safety and health; and industrial hygiene consulting.
Specific areas of expertise include:
- Work at heights/falls from elevation
- Fall protection and fall arrest systems
- Ladders & stairs safety
- Slips, trips & falls (same level falls)
- Scaffolds and aerial lifts (mobile elevated work platforms)
- Requirements for safety training and recordkeeping
- Hazard Communication
- Safety for hazardous waste investigations and clean-ups
- Machine guarding
- Multi-employer worksites and issues involving General Contractor/Controlling Employer safety responsibilities