At Scanlon Safety Services, LLC our mission is to provide our clients with superior, cost-effective solutions to complex workplace safety & health challenges.
Safety and Health Training
Whether you have a problem to solve, or want to revise policies and procedures, create new materials and tools, a better work environment, or a specific training program, contact us and we will begin working together to achieve your goal.
We provide customized training and certifications, including documentation with agenda, employee signatures, and instructor details. Training programs include:
- OSHA 10 & 30 Hour
- Fall Protection Competent, Authorized and Qualified Person
- Qualified Erector, Inspector & User
- Confined Space Authorized Supervisor, Attendant and Entrant Certification
- Trenching and Excavation Certification
- Construction Superintendent and Foreman Safety
- Lockout / Tagout
- Respiratory Protection
- Forklift, Scissor Lift and Aerial Work Platform Certification
- PPE Training
- Job-Specific Training
To learn more about the training courses we offer send us an email at email@example.com or submit an inquiry below.
GAP ANALYSIS & BENCHMARKING
Gap Analysis is performed to evaluate the effectiveness of implementation of existing Health, Safety, & Environmental management systems and find the gaps with respect to recommendations of regulatory requirements and best international practices.
We can identify opportunities for improvement while evaluating the current status of compliance for both short and long term projects.
Our gap analysis covers:
- Overview of clients’ operations, structure, existing safety systems etc;
- Review and evaluation of clients’ Safety Management Systems;
- Joint walkthrough of the client workplace to observe working practices;
- Audit report, identifying areas of strength and opportunities for improvement.
Litigation Support and Expert Witness Services
Scanlon Safety Services provides incident investigations, forensic litigation support, and expert witness services for lawsuits and legal cases involving fatalities, catastrophic injuries, and workplace safety & health.
Learn how we can help plaintiff or defense attorneys with the following services.
SAFETY PROGRAMS, PLANS & MANUAL DEVELOPMENT
Health and safety programs are aimed at ensuring workers are protected, risks are minimized, and a healthy and safe workplace is maintained. To achieve safety excellence, all employers must establish some form of health and safety program, regardless of regulations.
Though every workplace and every occupational health and safety program are different, there are some key elements common to all programs, such as:
- Clearly established safety program goals and objectives
- Implementation plans with actions, responsibilities, and timeframes
- Written safety policies and safety procedures
- Ongoing communications, education/training, and safety meetings
- Workplace/job hazard safety analysis process
- Employment/job related medical requirements
- Effective safety performance measures
- On-going evaluations, safety audits, and job safety inspections
- Corrective action process for identified safety hazards/deficiencies
- Disciplinary process
- Documentation and record keeping
- Employee assistance program
- Employee involvement/a workforce that owns its safety program
At Scanlon Safety, we believe that fill-in-the-blanks, on-size-fits all approaches are not effective for workplace safety programs and manuals. Every business is unique with different safety concerns and needs. This is why we are confident that you will get better return on your investment from our customized approach to written safety programs.
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT AND COMPLIANCE SUPPORT SERVICES
Scanlon Safety Services can review past incident history, perform wall-to-wall or focused work place hazard inspections, and provide specific recommendations for methods to quickly and effectively control the causes of accidents before they become injuries, illnesses, claims, or fatalities. We can evaluate all incidents and near-incidents to identify root causes and prevent reoccurrence. We can also assist your company with the following:
Job hazard analysis / job safety analysis
Safety committee development
Implementation of safety management systems, such as ISO 45001, OHSAS 18000 and OSHA VPP
Program implementation for various topics, such as:
- Illness and injury prevention
- Chemical hygiene / hazard communication / Laboratory hygiene
- Bio-safety / bloodborne pathogens
- Hearing conservation
- Respiratory protection – including quantitative fit testing
SAFETY PRE-QUALIFICATION SERVICES
We can assist with ISNetWorld, BROWZ, PICS or other industry prequalification requirements.